Monday, January 6, 2014

WIR #34: Surviving the sick

Well last week so didn't go as planned...

I had all these grand ideas laid out for my last week of break, my time alone at my aunts house, the last few days before I started working full time at my placements this semester. And then I woke up last Monday with the sick.

A horrible, achy, fever-y, my head is stuffed to the brim and I'm coughing up y lings kind of sick. So my plans for mornings in the kitchen testing recipes, afternoons organizing my massive portfolio for school, and evenings on the couch with the puppy turned into days on the the couch with the puppy.



I guzzled smoothies and soup like it was my job and spent most of last week on the couch watching every episode of Dr. Who from the re-boot series (I blame my brother for starting that habit).




You read that right when I said every episode, have I mentioned before that I have an obsessive personality?

We did make it out of the house for a few nice walks but then the crazy snow hit and the only time she or I spent outside was shoveling the driveway. 

I felt well enough to celebrate New Years Eve with the BF featuring a "fancy" dinner of steak, broccoli, and Parmesan garlic potatoes. We stayed in to watch the countdown and spent half the night up talking. 


We also managed to finally go see the Hobbit which was much better than I expected given how little of the actual book is left for that movie. (Sorry my nerd is showing!)


 Then the cold weather came back and I fell back to the couch coughing my lungs up again and decided to keep taking it easy (better safe than sorry, right?). Basically I was incredibly lazy all of last week, watched way too much TV, and I'm not even going to apologize for it :)

At the end of the week I was looking forward to starting my full time school placement today... except not because Chicago has temperatures in the negative double digits. I don't even get to start tomorrow because my school is staying closed and extra day to be safe.




So the end of my break has been quite uneventful, and I've gotten a few extra days of break on top of it. I'm hoping to be a little more organized and productive with my life this week, though my little brother did start watching the BBC Sherlock so I'm sure I'll be doing that with him tomorrow (see it's really all his fault). 

At the end of the day life goes on, even if it isn't the most "blog-worthy" right? 

Anyone else have an obsessive personality when it comes to new things? Not that I need another fandom to join... but if I was looking, anyone have suggestions :) 

6 comments:

  1. .....Okay, I might be missing something here but isn't there like 2000000 episodes of Dr.Who. And you watched them ALL?

    Hope things are up on the mend- I'm abit sick at the moment, because we had a heat wave and now a cold front- and that is ALWAYS a recipe for sickness here. Damn changing seasons! Maybe cleaning could be a new 'thing'..then you can come clean my place up :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha okay not every episode ever, just all the ones since it rebooted in 2005... which is still way too much TV to be admitting to watching in a week :)

      Delete
  2. Obsessive personality over here too.... I'm a total tv show binge watcher! Arrow, Leverage, Bones... Have you ever seen Game of Thrones or Rookie Blue (<< okay, that last one wasn't really a fandom, but I'm obsessed and watched all 3 seasons in a few days time over the summer). I've not seen Game of Thrones, but I want to!

    Hope you are feeling a ton better. I'm still getting over the sick too. It sounds like we had the same thing. High fever = no fun. Thankfully (or not thankfully) I didn't actually check my fever until I was a few days in. By then it was sky high... But it prevented my mom from strapping me to the couch with the cold wash cloth on my head. That only lasted a day. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah I did enough of a job crouching myself I didn't need help :)
      Game of Thrones is AMAZING! I totally recommend it, leverage is always good and Bones was my first favorite TV show!

      Delete
  3. Hey I swear I left a comment on this post. Hmmm, I think BlogLovin ate it.

    Alright, here we go again. I'm sorry to hear your week didn't go as planned, but at least puppies were involved. Plus a good night with the BF more than makes up for it.
    No shame in the TV game. Sometimes those mini marathons have to happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo! And I know you did because I thought I'd replied to it too! Thanks for stopping by again :)

      Mini-marathons are the best (bringing the BF along for the ride only makes it better!)

      Delete

What do you think?