Monday, December 30, 2013

WIR #33: I have good news... and a problem

Hey guys! I hope you all had a wonderful time celebrating with your loved ones last week (if that’s your thing). I loved the opportunity to unplug, unwind, and catch up with some people I dearly missed.

At the tail end of that family togetherness, this week marks the last week of the last ever school break I will have. I’m sure I’ll miss it by this time next year, but as it sits I am more than ready to be done with the whole school thing… not that I don’t have big plans for this week.

And what better way to catch you up on all the craziness than with a list? (since it’s what all the cool kids do on Mondays anyways) .



The family
We hosted our second big family party in the new house, this time with my dad’s side of the family on Christmas eve. We played a crazy competitive game of salad bowl and an even crazier, more competitive, round of charades. And we had an entire ham left at the end of the night… my parents may have overestimated our food needs.




Christmas morning was fun and quiet with my parents and my brother. We opened presents, enjoyed ham and eggs for breakfast, and then split off to relax before round 2. My brother went to work, my dad worked on his new puzzle, my mom took a nap, and I tore through the copy of Divergent my brother gave me (literally, by the time I got to the party that afternoon that book was done… I may have a problem)


Christmas day was spent with my mom’s side of the family (including my aunt, uncle, and little cousins from Seattle!) and the BF. There was way too much food (all of it delicious), lots of catching up, games, and presents, and fun. I spent the next day hanging out as well before heading home to catch up on sleep before Friday night… except that when I got home I decided to start the second book in the Divergent trilogy… and next thing I knew it was 3 am and I’d managed to finish book two and three… okay I really have a problem.


At least they were really good books?
 Except for the ending (any fans out there who want to share their thoughts on that let me know).



The friends
After coming down from my three book bender, and actually catching up on a bit of sleep, I met a bunch of girlfriends from undergrad at a hotel nearby for a girl’s night as only we know how. There was Disney karaoke in the hot tub (thank goodness we were alone) and lot of Cards Against Humanity (I don’t know if I should be proud but I did end up winning!). It was good to catch up on the craziness of everyone’s lives now that we are all at different schools, and the free happy hour AND breakfast at the hotel helped us decide that it was the perfect place for next year’s reunion too.






The blog
I still have a lot of comments to catch up on here, and a LOT of posts filling my Bloglovin feed (I love you all and I promise I’ll get on it). But I have a bit more exciting news to share first…


Santa may not be tech savvy but I managed to get everything registered and linked (hopefully!) and can now say that I own my own blog!! So if you had a bookmark make sure you update! I'm now at slicesofsarahpie.com wouldn’t want to miss out on anything good

I’m house sitting for my aunt again this week, which means I get a house and a puppy to myself! It also means I have big plans in the kitchen where I hope to prepare and stockpile recipes for the craziness I’m sure will hit when I start full time placements next week!!


What was the best thing that happened over your holiday? 

8 comments:

  1. Yay for owning your own domain! I need to read the divergent series but I'm like you and will probably be up all night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah my brother wasn't thrilled I finished his gift all in one day... but they're great addictive!

      Delete
  2. Oooo I just got a kindle to force myself to read something other than textbooks...I'm guessing this series is a good one huh ;)

    Excited to see you the queen of the romaine. I mean domain. From experience, I had to contact bloglovin to 're add' my blog as it wouldn't show new posts. Just a heads up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up! I'm still fighting through some of the computer-techy stuff but I love having my own romaine ;)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on being an avid bookworm and a domain owning blogger. Very good news, and that's a good problem to have. Sounds like a great week, and I hope you are now fully recovered from the plague.
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :) I'm hanging in there, now just trying not to freeze my (lack of an) ass off outside!

      Delete
  4. I may have a problem too as I read Allegiant (the third book of Divergent) during my brother's basketball game. Okay okay, it was just during half time, but it was SO good.

    Congrats on the domain name. I didn't even realize when I typed in the .blogspot. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha totally forgivable :) (that's what brothers do right, forgive?)

      Delete

What do you think?