Monday, December 9, 2013

WIR #31: the hummus edition

It's one of those weeks where I can't promise I'm going to make it here every day... I know I say that a lot... I should probably adjust my expectations... but where's the fun in that :)



Anywho... the to-do list is getting smaller, and that my friends is exciting! I have 2 presentations and 2 diagnostics separating me from a bunch of holiday fun, and those 4 things aren't even as bad as they sound! Don't mind the fact that I brought my coffee mug to the clinic with me, it's been a long Monday. 

Considering my eats last week contained 2 full containers of hummus.... lets just say I'll be happy for the semester to be over for the sake of my waistline alone. What can I say stress eating has always been my forte. 

In the same vein last weeks craziness made it a little rough to get any "real" exercise. Though I took a few 1/2 hour walks and did a bit of yoga, so I guess the week wasn't a complete loss. 

My own life may have been a sad mess of reports and hummus, but my bestie had some fabulous news to share :) 




I'm super bummed that she is still all the way in Buffalo so I won't see her until after Christmas, but can't wait to celebrate the good news in person. Plus her boy did an amazing job on the ring ;)

Not as an impressive of a list as the one Meghan accomplished, but I'm pretty proud of myself. I also can't wait for next week when I'll officially be done with my last semester on campus as a grad student!


8 comments:

  1. Congrats to your friend! And sometimes life isn't always the most blogworthy, but that's okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A shortening list is a shortening list. Job well done :)

    Congratulations to your friend! I always smile when I hear that someone got engaged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She's being super happy and adorable about the whole thing which is always fun.

      Delete
  3. You are almost there. The finish line is in sight and so are the holiday celebrations. Stay strong...and maybe stay away from the hummus...ha, ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yeah that might be a good call... I think I have garlic ooozing out of my pores at this point ;)

      Delete
  4. I can't help but want to read something titled the Hummus Edition!! I'm on my way out grocery shopping and you remind me that I meant to put hummus on the list. Thanks and have a Great Day, Sarah!! Glad your To Do is getting shorter...mine is growing...Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YIKES! Hope you're getting through it, I'm sure you'll get it done! Hahah and enjoy your hummus :)

      Delete

What do you think?