Wednesday, December 4, 2013

WIAW #29: The holiday leftover, mad study dash, edition

Hey guys! Hope you all are having a fabulous week so far, and if not at least it's almost over? I'm keeping things short around here since I'm supposed to be cramming studying but breaks make you a more effective studier (I think that's a scientific fact?)

Anywho today's the day for delicious eats and since I've been going at the books like crazy trying to finish the semester on a good note, my eats have been a little crazy this week (it's okay because at least I'm not hallucinating...yet). They're also a little heavy on the leftovers because there is literally nothing easier than food you can grab straight from the fridge.

Like giant bowls of apple cranberry crunch, a cross between a crisp and a fruity baked oatmeal, this is a staple at our Thanksgiving table and I always get dibs on the leftovers!!


Or salads made with the piles of leftover greens my Aunt gifted (?) us for hosting (never question free salad greens, just take them and enjoy!) 



Of course multiple mugs of multiple teas were consumed throughout the course of the day? What else would I use to keep my sleep deprived SLP-brain running?


(Thanks goodness for free refills on hot water!)


A quick jar of chili (made for my brother before he got on the bus back to school) re-heated in my oh-so-favorite school microwave. Bright side of this being the last crazy week we have on campus... a lot less time spent in our basement of a clinic!! I may have been so excited that I forgot to photograph said chili until after I'd eaten it... but I will say it was delicious!

And what better way to refuel for a late night of studying (and writing that darn voice paper I keep talking about) than a mug of hot chocolate, in front of the tree of course. 



Leftovers, yay or nay? Anyone else ready for this week to be over?

6 comments:

  1. YAY! I live for leftovers haha. And I don't turn down gifted greens ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha FREE food is always my favorite!

      Delete
  2. I'm ready for this week to be over!

    Leftover chili sounds wonderful :) Leftovers are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah, yah, yah! Since I do almost all our cooking on weekends now (so I can send the Hubby back to school with it), my week night meals are usually leftovers. Wait, do they count as leftovers if you didn't eat them to begin with? Hmmm....
    Hopefully since I'm a week or so behind, you're through the busy part and your semester is done, although you might have one more week to go. If so, good luck.

    I agree. Never, ever turn down salad greens. I've been adding them to my morning smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe you're still drinking smoothies... way too cold for that for me!

      And I say it totally counts as leftovers, it's in the fridge right?

      Delete

What do you think?