Friday, November 8, 2013

30 Days of Fitness: November 2013 (it's go time!)

TGIF! We are still in the middle of an unpacking craze over here, and I for one know I am ready for some quality time relaxing with the BF over the weekend. But before we get there I have a winner to announce. Using the very official method of yelling "hey dad pick a number between 1 and 5" I was able to randomly select Madison as the winner of the Step it Up with Steph giveaway. Send me your email and I'll hook you up :)




On trend with my inability to make a long term commitment (previously mentioned BF notwithstanding) I'm switching up my fitness for the month of November. I'm running my first 5k at the end of the month, so a large part of my time should be dedicated to running right? This month I am committing to:

1. Clocking 6-9 miles of running a week (I hate running on the track at school so this will be easier said than done, but I'm working on it).

2. 5 minute fitness every morning. This is me taking 5 minutes to do 5 exercises/stretches of my choice (easy things like sit ups, planks, and sun salutations).

3. Group fitness and/or lifting with friends every Monday. I have a long stretch of hours to kill on campus between my morning clinicals and my night class so Monday is my day to be a gym rat. Thankfully the group fitness classes at school aren't half bad for being free.

My little brother just signed up to run the same 5k as me so I really have to work on my speed training these next few weeks (can't have the baby showing me up!).

Most people see the colder months as a time to start hibernating, but I know you all are more exciting than that... What is your commitment to your fitness this month? I'll cheer you on if you cheer for me! 

2 comments:

  1. Madison won?! What?! Are you kidding me?! I call shenanigans. Again. ;)
    Great fitness goals, and I'm so excited for your 5K. Plus it's your birthday month and that's always fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny... neither of us saw that coming... at all.. ;)

      Delete

What do you think?