Friday, November 29, 2013

30 Days of Fitness: December 2013

Happy Friday everyone! (I guess happy Black Friday if you do that sort of thing, or Happy Food Coma day if you're feeling as stuffed as I am from yesterday...).

I know it's technically November for another 2 days but I hope you don't mind December's 30 days of fitness a few days early (you don't mind, right?)



November was supposed to be run focused, helping me to build speed so I could meet my goal in my first 5k yesterday. 


If were being truthful November was a pretty lazy month... I started out strong but then I got random days off (which threw off my routine) and I got sick and it was cold. So while it wasn't horrible I didn;t work out as much as I would have liked and I can feel it in my body. When I'm not active my whole body feels slow. I have a harder time getting out of bed and a harder time focusing in classes.

Since I'm all about honesty and accountability for this month I decided on a challenge that will really keep me accountable. I already mentioned I'm doing Elf4Health which is an amazing social media based fitness challenge, with encouragement and accountability built right in. 


I also took advantage of a coupon I found for a free $5 start to join up with Gym Pact. If there's one thing I hate more than leaving my blanket pile bed in the cold it's losing money (especially since I'm broke as it is) so this will get me moving for at least 30 minutes 5 days a week. 



Besides the built in challenges that come with Elf4Health (like those burpees on Sunday that are going to kill me!!!) I'm not setting any specific routine or program of exercise to follow this month. My goal is just to get up and get moving :) 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your goal! And I think you'll be surprised how much your body will tell you to move. Sometimes planning can backfire but when you relax and have an awesome mindset like yours, you body will thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a thirty minute workout once that was burpees. Different types, but at the end of the day, nothing but burpees. it was killer and I loved it. I'm sick, I know.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?