Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Sunshine Award


Katherine at The Peanut Butter Lover  (one of my favorite ladiesnominated me for the


an award presented to fellow bloggers who brighten your day :) 

The Rules:
1.  Include award logo in a post or on your blog (see above).
2.  Link to the person who nominated you. That would be the one and only Peanut Butter Lover
3.  Answer 10 questions about yourself. (See below)
4.  Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their      blogs letting them know they've been nominated. 



What is your favorite meal?
This question was HARD!! If I could only pick one it would probably be Gluten Free pizza from Biaggi's. Despite my recent incident with a different GF pizza I don't think I could ever give this stuff up. The picture is a "copycat" I make at home when I can't find someone to take me out, but it doesn't do the real thing justice. 



What's your favorite season?
Fall is obviously the best season (and not only because my birthday is in November). 


I also love jeans and boots, sweaters and a mug of tea, apples, pumpkins, and beautiful leaves. 


What are you currently obsessed with?
Trader Joe's almond butter! Hands down this is the best one I have tried (and I've been through a few jars in my day...). I may or may not have bought 3 jars the last time I was there because I live in a constant state of fear of the store running out (it happened once, that was a bad 2 weeks...). 


I put this stuff on apples and tortillas. I add it to may cereal and my smoothies. I eat it by the spoonful. I think I have a slight addiction. 


What are you reading?

Fascinating stuff, right? I'm sitting for the Praxis exam (my national licensing test) in October, so besides blogs I haven't been doing much free reading lately... 


Flats or heels?
Both? Asking me to pick a favorite pair of shoes is like asking me to share my almond butter (aka not gonna happen). From my chucks to my silver flats, to my latest splurge, and my favorite thrift score (clockwise from left) I have a lot of shoes in my closet that I wear on a regular basis.



 Though once boot season is here the chance of any other shoes getting regular wear time drops off :) 


Are you a morning or night person?
When I get to bed on time on a morning person (BF can attest to that!) I prefer to get up and get a start on my day, rather than sleeping the morning away. Though all bets are off when I miss my bed time. 


What's your favorite pin on Pinterest?


I don't know where it came from originally, but it is so simple and true. 


What's a song you can't get out of your head?
Considering my favorite song can change 6 times before breakfast I figured I would choose a musical classic that never fails to get me smiling. Because really who doesn't want the one person perfect for them? 




Who is the last person you talked to?
I texted the BF goodnight before hitting post on this... I guess I actually talked to my mom when I said goodnight a few hours back. 


What are 5 things you can't live without?
My planner, my phone (/timer/ipod/gps/camera/backup planner/dictionary), tea, my yoga mat, and bathtubs. 



My turn!
I would like to nominate:

Madison at Eating 4 Balance
Alex at Veggin' Out in the Kitchen (I know you were already nominated by Katherine, not y fault you're so popular!) 

And from each of you I want to know...
  1. One food you cannot live without?
  2. Favorite type of music to start the day?
  3. Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt?
  4. Book or Movie?
  5. If you could only shop for food at one store for the rest of your life which store would you choose?
  6. Number one favorite thing you own?
  7. Your favorite post on your blog?
  8. What's your favorite way to relax after the worst kind of day?
  9. Biggest social media addiction?
  10. Best thing you've ever made? 

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the nomination Sarah! And thanks for nominating me as well :) You've got some great questions for me to answer.

    That Pinterest pin is so so true. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love something that makes you think :) Can't wait to see your answers!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the nomination love! I'm obsessed with that almond butter tooooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obsessed may not be a strong enough word for me somedays... can't wait to see your answers to some of those questions!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for the shout out, Sarah! So sweet of you to think of me :) I filled one of these out not too long ago, so I'll answer some of your questions here...

    1. Almond butter. Swooooon.
    2. I don't actually listen to anything in the morning. Weird I know, but I like the peace and quiet.
    3. Ice cream! Especially if it's a good quality vanilla.
    4. Books, always books.
    5. Whole Foods. We don't have one up here, but I absolutely adore that place.
    6. Uhm... my home I guess. It's nice to have a place to call your own :)
    7. Oh geez that's a hard one... I would need to get back to you on that lol.
    8. Curl up on the couch with a good book, some hot tea, and homemade chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.
    9. Instagram. Oi.
    10. I'm a little biased right now since I'm loving them so much, but I'd have to say almond fudge protein bars. So.darn.addicted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm a book, tea, and cookies sounds amazing!! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. You are awesome! Also so glad you nominated me because I swear I tried to find your blog once through the comments on mine and couldn't figure it out haha! Thanks so much and I can't wait to fill this out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Haha welcome to my crazy space :) Can't wait to see some of your answers

      Delete
  5. Fall is my favorite season, too! In theory, anyway, because Pittsburgh's falls are usually mega rainy and now I live in Saipan which doesn't really get fall. We usually take trips to visit Chris' family in KY during October, though, and it's the best!

    I'm so jealous of your high heel tolerance! I'm such a baby when I'm wearing heels; totally not tough enough, ha :P

    Thank you so much for the nomination! I love your questions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey even in theory it still counts! Though I'm sure "fall" in Saipan is lovely :)

      I've got family down in KY too and I agree fall is a beautiful time to go see them (especially because they live backing up to lots of trees!!)

      Delete
  6. Thanks Sunshine! You're a sweetheart, and your questions are super tough. Eek.
    I love fall for the same reasons you do, although throw in a fireplace and a good book as well. I adore the leopard heels, I'm a big morning person, and I usually make tough decisions with playing rock, paper, scissors, or eeine, meenie, minie, mo. It always forces to pick the one thing I really wanted anyway.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I can get behind! BF and I whip out the rock paper scissors when HE can't make up his mind (because it's never me!) :)

      Delete
  7. Whoa, how did I not know you were going into speech and language pathology?? I totally missed that one. That's what my mom does! She works at an elementary school and *loves* it!
    I'm the same way about the morning: I hate sleeping in, even until 9 or 10, because I feel like part of my day is wasted!

    Thanks so much for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's where I want to end up if I don't go the self contained classroom route! Small world :)

      Delete

What do you think?