Thursday, September 5, 2013

CKC #4

So I'm currently buried under a mountain of paperwork that is a big as my face (I might be exaggerating a tad... but not really). Such is the joy of completing diagnostics and starting clinic all in a 2 day time period.

That being said I can't wait to get creative in the kitchen this weekend... and I have a few goodies that are ready to be used.




Nice segway into the reveal of this weeks Chopped Kitchen Challenge ingredients... no? Can't blame a girl for trying...



(copy and paste into your post to link up!)


If you aren't familiar with the rules yet you can find them here  I know I finally made a page for my own link up... aren't I fancy!


The inspiration for this week came from the pile of fresh tomatoes sitting on our counter. Between trips to the farmstand and my mom's coworkers we wound up with a few more tomatoes than we knew what to do with. A few already fell prey to the heat but I wasn't about to let the rest of them meet that same fate!


So tomatoes it is (because not everything has to go all Pumpkin Spice Crazy as soon as September hits). It's also been a while since I've used quinoa in anything so why not give that a go. And mustard comes in because why not? 

So gather some of those summer tomatoes you still have lying around. Rinse off some quinoa (or quinoa pasta) from the depths of your cupboard. Grab your favorite type of mustard from the pantry/fridge. And let's get cooking!!

Link up goes live NEXT Thursday 9/12/13. 





8 comments:

  1. Do you already have something in mind for next week? That is quite the variety of ingredients. Can't wait to see what you whip up Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have a few ideas in mind... we'll see where things end up!

      Delete
  2. Tomatoes and quinoa are my favs! I can't wait to see the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this sentence: "because not everything has to go all Pumpkin Spice Crazy as soon as September hits." I like Fall (although not pumpkin) and I want to say Calm the Ef Down People. It's still summer and I'm still getting tomatoes in my farm share.
    I actually have all these things so maybe (no promises in light of my recent blogging void) I can try to whip something up using these flavors. I'm certainly intrigued and I do like a good challenge. I also have a boatload of quinoa. Hmmm; you've got my wheels turning.
    Good luck on getting through that mountain of paperwork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun things happen when your wheels turn, so now you've got me excited! You'll be seeing some more end of summer treats from me because it's still 90* around here so the fall flavors are just gonna have to wait their turn :)

      Delete
  4. I'm thinking some kind of quinoa salad with a mustard dressing would be awesome!!! One of these days, I need to get into gear and make something to link up with! And haha too funny about the pumpkin thing. I must say that I'm loving all the pumpkin action lately, but I agree that we can't forget about summer and all it's wonderful foods! :)
    Oh and thank you for nominating me again for the Sunshine Award in your last post - you are too sweet!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like an awesome salad, and something very similar to what I have to link up tomorrow ;)

      Delete

What do you think?