Thursday, August 29, 2013

CKC #3: Reveal Day!

It's Thursday!! For some of you (me included!) it's the end of the week before a 4 day weekend... for the rest of you at least tomorrow's Friday? Lucky for all of you though it's the reveal day for the Chopped Kitchen Challenge! 


I teased you all in my post yesterday (and on IG) with my creation for the week, 
but now I want to see what you come up with too!

The ingredients included 


Honey, apple cider vinegar, and strawberries. 


I had the added challenge of using up some GF arrowroot cookies my mom bought but didn't use because I was "taking up too much room in the pantry". 



The only other things I added were a VERY ripe nectarine and a little bit of cinnamon (because it's me and I put cinnamon on just about everything sweet... and a lot of my savory stuff too). 

The result was a strawberry-nectarine crumble that was every bit as delicious as I would have hoped!


Nectarines have an almost buttery quality to them (which is a weird way to describe fruit but I swear it's true!) That worked really well with the sweetness from the strawberries and the splash of ACV I added to help bring the fruits together. 

I didn't bake them super long because the cookies were already cooked... just long enough to let the honey and cinnamon I drizzled on top soak in and make a wonderfully sweet crust on top of the warm and juicy fruits. 


Seriously these things were like a little bite of heaven and you should probably go make yourself one right now. If not you could always share what you did with the ingredients for the week instead (knowing some of you I'm betting it tastes just as good if not better!) 

9 comments:

  1. How neat! I love the simple concept. Sounds delicious Sarah.... I'm currently dreaming up what I can make with these ingredients right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm this looks delish. & I totally put cinnamon on everything too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously have a bit of a problem... but cinnamons soooo good :)

      Delete
  3. This sounds so good! I bet the tangy ACV really brings out the sweetness of the fruits. I totally know what you mean about nectarines being buttery! I feel like peaches sometimes get that way, too, when they're really ripe and perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do :) Nothing like perfectly ripe fruits!

      Delete
  4. Ah this sounds amazing! I'm a cinnamon lover, so I totally feel you! It's just way too good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talk about creative. This sounds delicious, but then again, there's fruit involved, so you know I'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?