Thursday, July 25, 2013

Chopped Kitchen Challenge #1: Corn, Green Onions, and Bread


Welcome to my new little project around here, my very own link up :) 



Based on my favorite Food Network TV show (and my favorite game to play in the kitchen with the BF!) this link up is a chance to get your creative juices flowing in the kitchen, while fostering some friendly competition (because who doesn't love that?!)



The Rules
Every other Thursday I will post the ingredients for the week 
(3 seasonal or fresh or crazy things that I happen to pick up at the store that week). 

You will have until the following Thursday to make whatever dish/drink/treat your little heart desires. 
On that day the link up will go live 
(and stay live until the new ingredients come up the following week) 
giving you a chance to share your creation with everyone else. 

See I told you it was easy :) 

I plan to keep my ingredients free of the 8 major allergens
so that everyone can join the party :)  


So without further ado I present to you the ingredients for the very first week


Corn 

(fresh, frozen, canned... whatever floats your boat)


Green Onions


Bread


(I'm using GF Udi's but this is open to any bread of your choosing)


Check back NEXT Thursday August 1st to see what I made 
(and share your own creation!) 

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love that tv show! When I get back from vacation I may just have to join up with this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SUCH a cool idea! I already have a few ideas of what I can make... now the only question is if I can get my act together and actually make it in the next week haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I would love to see what you could come up with :)

      Delete
  3. As much as I would love to participate; I have to work with whatever the CSA gods decide to give me. I've got corn, but no green onions. :(
    I'm eager to see what others create though.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?