Tuesday, June 18, 2013

WIAW #12: Snack-a-palooza

So this has been one of those weeks... I wasn't home when my mom went grocery shopping which means I missed out on getting anything from the store to eat (minus my hangry side trip to Trader Joe's after work this weekend, can I say how awesome it is that job #3 is right down the street from the nearest TJ's?!)

So between the lack of actual groceries (because lets be honest I'm not going to go buy my own food... my family thinks I take up too much fridge space with my "weird" food as it is) and the general amount of running around I've been doing trying to get things finished at job #1 before summer programs there and clinic at school start... I think I've had 1 actual "meal" since the week started.



Bright side of that is I'm still keeping my commitment to healthier eating before the BF comes back, so I have PLENTY of sensible snacks to share with everyone for this week's What I Ate Wednesday!


Shout out to the fabulous Jenn for inviting us all back to party week after week :)

Snacks this week have included the hangry 


(multi-grain/seed tortilla chips and pub cheese opened before even leaving the parking lot).

The spicy


 (mom's homemade salsa with Donkey chips, we usually add a few peppers so this has awesome spice). 


The nut butter-y 


 (apple with almond butter)



(peanut butter "cookie" balls made with oats, PB, caco nibs, almonds, and dates)


The blended

 (pre-exam smoothie of oatmeal, unsweetened almond milk, cinnamon, strawberries, and a banana)


And of course the veggies

(tons of baby carrots)




(snap pea crack crisps, which I can't seem to get enough of)


I've definitely kept my options open and grazed to my fill this week :) If I know myself (and I like to think that I do!) this pattern will probably continue on for the rest of the summer, at least on clinic days, which means I'll need to expand my snacking options at some point. 

What's the snack you currently can't get enough of? 


13 comments:

  1. I've been obsessed with my ricotta cheese mixture that I have on my blog today. I honestly don't remember the last night I didn't have it for dessert. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your little commentary... the blended... Sounds like a future horror movie spoof. Lol.

    I've been enjoying peas lately. And those pea crisps look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're seriously laced with crack I think... I can't stop eating them haha.

      And that would be one horrifying horror movie, I can't even imagine!

      Delete
  3. Oh I completely FORGOT about pub cheese. That with some wheat thins...so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a totally dippy snack day...veggie dip, cheese dip, salsa dip, almond butter dip. Well done, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously snack way more than I should! Snacking is just so great. I know I probably shouldn't, but I can't help it, so I'm loving this snack palooza. I'm a 'dippy person' overall, so I love carrots and hummus to apples and peanut butter. No worries though, cookies and muffins are always on the agenda as well. (As much as I hate to admit it!)I currently can't get enough of banana bread. I'm seriously on this major Banana Bandwagon, and I can't seem to get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nut butter is the best snack! No matter what it's paired with :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?