Last week wasn't so bad overall but it felt about a month long, which is why I am so incredibly glad it's over.
- 20 hours (give or take) logging therapy session data at job #1. This wouldn't have been so bad except that I thought I finished this project last week... until the girls brought in about another 3 months worth of logs... for 30 students...
Thank god for coffee!
- Writing about 40 pages of lesson plans for my summer clinic clients. I hate lesson planning. I don't bring a lesson plan in with me, I don't read off it during a session. So it's just a big pile of tree-killing formality.
- This is the one week of summer where we have 2 condensed courses at a time. That means already fast paced material has been doubled up. And I'm supposed to write a research paper for the online class I'm stuck taking because no one told me it was a requirement for a state license while I was in undergrad.
Basically my life has been a crash course in "real world" SLP paperwork... which I wouldn't mind if, you know, I was actually working. But I'm not, I'm paying for this torture. I may need mental help...
- Remember when I was supposed to be working out more because I see the BF soon and he's been killing it at the gym (whether out of dedication or boredom I'm not sure). Yeah that didn't happen this week. If you're looking for an excuse look at the amount of paperwork listed above.
- Okay I did get one workout in. I finally took some time to do an online yoga class last night. And it felt awesome... someone remind me to work out sooner the next time I'm losing my mind... pretty please?
- Also not as good as intended. I think I lived off of almond butter and crackers this weekend... and coffee. Which leads to...
- which were back in full force this weekend. As in one every day :( This is why I don't drink coffee, I know it gives me problems and makes bad days even worse... The buzz is nice in the morning but not worth the mess it turns me into when it wears off. And I was drinking it in droves this weekend trying to keep my eyes from glazing over.
- We celebrated my last cousin's graduation party for the summer. It was a lovely party with all my family. And I got to play Cards Against Humanity (which I have decided I need to own ASAP)
- 11 days until the BF comes to visit! (this one is self explanatory)
- Summer clinic (while a major headache) started today, and it went really well overall. Clinic reminds me why I am putting in the crazy hours of class and work to get my license and that is because at the end of the day I love what I do. And I am thankful everyday that I found a field that fuels my passion.
See I ended this on a much happier note than I started (I think the wine is kicking in!) if you want to see what less mentally unstable (i.e. non-graduate student) people are up to this week be sure to stop by Meghan's. Actually you should stop by her place anyways... I hear she has strawberries :)