Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Cara Box June 2013: Let's go to the fair

Hey guys! Today I'm linking up to share the love I got in my Cara Box this month. This little box of goodies couldn't have come at a better time (I needed a pick me up after this weekend). The theme for this month was Carnival and I have to admit I was skeptical at first... I went to the little street fair in my downtown a few times growing up and Cornfest with my cousins one year, but as a whole fairs aren't really my thing.


Cara Box


But I was paired with two lovely ladies and I think together we had a great month of fun! I sent a box off to Frances from Notions from Nonny, based around the flower festival that she always goes to and wishing her luck in all that she is working towards. Hop on over to her blog to see what's in her box.

I received my box from Ashley at Raising our Little Devil Pups, and boy did she do an amazing job putting together a box after my gluten-free, OCD heart :)


My box contained: BBQ sauce (apparently BBQ is a staple at southern fairs!), cotton candy, a brightly colored notepad with new pens to match, a huge elephant eraser, button magnets, a light-up turtle keychain (my favorite animal!) and ice cream flavored chapstick. It's just the right mix of practical and fun (and guy's there's a turtle!) and I'm so happy to have participated this month :) 

Do you go to fairs in the summer? What's your favorite memory from them?


2 comments:

  1. She packed lots of fun items into your box! I especially like those magnets- so fun :)I am from PA and around here it's fair after fair after fair all summer long (which of course barely lasts 2 months). I don't have a favorite memory, but I can't imagine not going to fairs every single summer!

    XO,
    Amanda @ Cats, Cuddling, & Carrot Cake

    ReplyDelete
  2. lots of great stuff and yep, us Southerners love our BBQ! lol I love Sweet Baby Rays too..one of my favorites! I do try to go to fairs and festivals with my girls...my dh hates it lol but we go w/o him anyway! :) I love all the homemade stuff, like jams and canned goods and arts and crafts...omg and funnel cake... this year I had red velvet cake funnel cake! YUMM! I linked up my reveal if you have time, stop by :) http://domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2013/06/june-cara-box-reveal.html

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?