Thursday, May 2, 2013

Lentil Kale soup

Hey guys, I've got a little recipe for you today :) This has been my "leftover" meal of the week (the one I've eaten pretty much every day at school). I'm a huge soup person, even when it's warm, because it is so easy. 


I'm also here to say goodbye (just for a few days!) I'm a little overwhelmed feeling with the amount of work that has suddenly popped up to finish off the semester (I know, you're sad, right?). I'll be back by next week Wednesday at the latest, I just need a few days to focus/get organized and blogging has become a MAJOR distraction :)


(so has the puppy at my aunt's)


So enjoy the recipe, enjoy the weather, and enjoy your weekends! (I'll be back soon)

Kale and Lentil soup
Serves 4
25 minutes
3/4 dried lentils, rinsed and cleaned
2 carrots, diced
2 stalks of celery, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 tsp olive oil
1 TBSP chicken base (or veggie base)
2 bunches kale, cleaned and removed from stems
6 cups water
2 TBSP nutritional yeast
salt and pepper to taste

Heat oil in a dutch oven, add carrots, celery, and bell pepper and saute until tender. Add lentils, chicken (or veggie) base and water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until lentils are cooked through. Stir in kale and let rest 1-2 minutes until slightly wilted. 

Will last up to a week in the fridge. 

3 comments:

  1. Aww hope you get your stuff organized/feel less stressed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting enough, I literally have every single ingredient in this recipe (with the exception of nutritional yeast, but I'll just use cheese - ha, ha) and I'm trying to clean out the fridge before we go on vacation in less than 5 days (squeal!). I'm absolutely making this and freezing any leftovers. What timing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    I'm currently making this soup, but I was wondering- at what stage do you add in the nutritional yeast? thanks!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?