Wednesday, April 17, 2013

WIAW #4: Clean Eating

Hey guys, happy Wednesday! This week's What I ate Wednesday party is a little bitersweet, make sure you swing by Peas and Crayons to give Jenn some love (she really really needs it)!



This week I'm featuring all the Crazy Sexy clean things I have packed up in my lunch box!


(good stuff!)

Breakfast was a smoothie (as usual lately, I know). I wanted to change it up a bit from my usual green one though and I have to say this bad boy hit the spot. The combination of the frozen fruit and protein powder gave it a consistency and a sweetness reminiscent of a Jamba Juice. And I still stuffed enough spinach in there to get me going (and to try and make a dent in all the spinach I picked up, it was on SUPER SALE at the store this week). 


For lunch I packed what was supposed to be a wrap (but my tortillas were a little to stiff). So instead it's a hummus, spinach, and carrot sandwich (on a Rudi's GF tortilla). Don't judge me it will still be delicious. 



Dinner is more leftover veggie-fried quinoa (recipe tomorrow!) I've been eating this as leftovers since Monday and I'm not sick of it yet... that's a good sign right? 




I also have an apple with almond butter (unpictured) and my usual mugs of herbal tea (also unpictured) to get me through class. I know it's only been a couple days since I started this cleaner diet, but it's been a couple of days without headaches so maybe all these healthy people are on to something after all. 

What's your favorite way to use spinach? (seriously I have a ton!)

8 comments:

  1. Yummy!! Your smoothie looks great! I've been eating veggie packed quinoa for the past few days--so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! I love my quinoa (and my veggies) it's a great grab and go meal :)

      Delete
  2. I love spinach in salads with strawberries and balsamic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds fantastic! I can't wait until we get strawberries back around here again :)

      Delete
  3. Eating something multiple days in a row and still loving it is always a good sign. I love spinach salads and adding it to my smoothies as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha thanks! I've been stuffing it into my smoothie like crazy, but strangely enough I didn't think to add any to my salad this week... thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks great, especially the veggie quinoa. Can't wait for the recipe =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great smoothie! I love putting everything in jars :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?