Monday, April 1, 2013

Just like a book club

Hey guys! You'll be sorry to hear (I'm sure) that despite my best efforts my migraines have been back in full force as of late :(

I have an appointment to go back to the neurologist in a few weeks (that office is HARD to get into!) but until then I'm just biding my a getting through my days with a large help from my Sumatriptan. I've mentioned here before how I've started keeping a really detailed headache diary, trying to get a handle on my personal triggers and symptoms... so far no dice but maybe the Dr. will be able to help with that. 

The reason I'm rambling on about my current run of headaches however is because they've inspired me to do a bit of reading, and I thought (since they fit with this month's green theme anyways) I'd share my two current books of choice with you. Both of them look at lifestyle changes as a way to treat (or cure) what ails you. 

Since the last time I was at the Dr.she wanted to put me on a preventative drug regimen for my headaches (and I'm not to keen on that idea) I figure a little more research (and personal experimentation) with alternative treatments can't hurt.  

Actually having a bit of time to read something I want (that isn't required for class) in the Marvelous in my Monday :)




Book one is Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy Diet


I'm not interested in it from a diet standpoint, as much as I am from a lifestyle standpoint. Kris' story is pretty inspiring and she offers a lot of research to back up her recommendations. I haven't read enough yet to try any of her suggestions, and I doubt even she will be able to convince me to go Vegan (I like my yogurt waaayyy too much for that). However I am excited to read all that she has to say and hopefully find some suggestions I can take away to implement in my own life. 


Book two is Toxic Free by Debra Lynn Dadd

This is another book that appears to be comprehensively researched, this one dealing with eliminating toxins as a way to promote healing in the body. I like it from the perspective of reducing your toxic impact on the environment around you, and if doing that can help me to improve my own health than I'm game. I haven't gotten very far into this one yet, but I'll be sure to update you if I find anything good :)

So see it's just like a book club (minus the wine)! Now that you know what I'll be reading you can feel free to join in on the fun, or recommend a green lifestyle book of your own. Thanks to Katie for hosting the link up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?