Sunday, April 14, 2013

Headache help!

Hey guys, sorry to drop off the face of the earth for a few days here. By the end of last week I was back to a headache every single day, and honestly didn't feel like doing much besides sleeping :(

But I'm back (thank goodness my neurologist appointment is on Tuesday) and I'm sharing with you my latest endeavor to take my health back. You may remember earlier this month I started reading


Inspired by her success I've been doing more research (okay some reading and a lot of googling) into the science behind acid-alkaline and anti-inflammatory diets. My professor had mentioned her neurologist put her on an anti-inflammatory diet for her migraines (and that she had great success). 

After a bit of a pity party , the usual "It's not fair, I already don't do SO MUCH now I have to give up MORE stuff?!" (I know attractive, right?) I pulled myself out of it. I'm worth it. My health is worth it. And I like veggies anyways :) 

Yesterday was day one of my healing phase, a whole two weeks without any of the 8 major allergens (except tree nuts, for some reason those are fine) as well as no meat and no added sugars. Basically I get a crash course in vegan eating while giving my system a chance to re-set itself and heal. After the two weeks I can start re-introducing foods one by one to see how my body reacts. 

Sounds simple enough, especially now that the weather is nice again! And I have to say it's only day 2, but it's my first day in a while without any medication or a headache :) Fingers crossed! Regardless I get to go ask to have pictures taken of the inside of my head which should be fun. 

Anyone ever tried a cleanse, anti-inflammatory, or acid-alkaline based diet?



4 comments:

  1. Ah, awesome news!!!! I'm so glad everything is working so great for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm fighting through :)

      Delete
  2. Hello there. I just found your blog, and I wanted to let you know, the Hubby and I switched to "clean" eating a couple years ago, in part to alleviate his daily headaches, and it has worked wonders. No more headaches unless we start eating garbage again, which we no longer want. Also, we don't feel deprived at all so there's hope for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it is always comforting to hear about other's positive experiences!! And I'm so glad to hear that he is feeling better :)

      Delete

What do you think?