Monday, April 22, 2013

Headache free summer plans

Hey guys! I hope all of you had a marvelous weekend (you see what I did there?). It's been a long one for me but this week has a lot of good in it so there is certainly some Marvelous in my Monday :)
(be sure to hope on over to Katie's to check out everyone else's marvelousness)


My marvelous is, being headache free for the past 10 days (minus the bruise on my forehead from where my 2 year old client "helped" me sit down, right into the wall, in therapy...). No update from the Dr. yet but I am feeling good my friends :)

My marvelous is, having some new tunes to blast during my commute. I downloaded borrowed the Next to Normal CD from the library... haven't seen the show yet but it's at the top of my list if it ever comes to Chicago! Seriously check out one of my favorite tracks, it's the perfect show for anyone who has a little crazy in them. 


My marvelous is, finally getting to make my lotion bars! All my goodies came last week and I got to make up my very first (but certainly not last) batch of lotion :)

It's a lovely combo of equal parts shea butter, coconut oil and beeswax. Melt it all together and pour into a mold (I used some of those little silicone baking cups). Let it hang out for a bit (mine was cool within a half hour) and cover yourself in smooth lotion-y goodness. The possibilities for customizing the scents in these are endless (and I can't wait to experiment away!). 

My marvelous is, my Dave tickets that came over the weekend! The one thing the BF and I have planned to enjoy this summer is 2 days of sun, drinking and music up at Alpine... it's July now, right?

What's something good that happened to you this weekend?

Any good music playing in your car lately?


6 comments:

  1. YAY for being headache free! I hope it continues girl!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Hope you're having a good week too!

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of homemade lotion! I was looking at all of the nasty ingredients in my lotion today and thinking it's time for a change. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're totally welcome! I can't believe how long it took me to see that my favorite lotion was really gross.

      Delete
  3. A 2 day vacation away with good music & drinks.. could you ask for more?! Have fun <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's not much more I could want, that's for sure :)

      Delete

What do you think?