Saturday, March 9, 2013

Sometimes it's the little things

Today started out not-so-hot. After driving all the way down to school to sit in the materials room at our clinic and pick out the best puzzles to use with my little cutie in session today Mom call's to cancel. About 10 minutes before they're supposed to be there for therapy :(

That frustrating turn of events put a dampener on my mood as I drove home to be sure, no one likes to feel as though they've wasted part of their day with nothing to show for it. I decided a little "Goodwill hunting" was just the pick-me-up I needed (and luckily my favorite Goodwill just happens to be on my route home from school).

That turned things right around because I scored some really awesome finds (seriously whoever donates clothes with the tags still makes me very, very happy). Not only was I able to update my spring coat with an awesome new denim blazer and snag a few new sundresses for when the weather turns, but I found a pair of raspberry skinny pants! I've never owned colored pants before but there's a girl in my program who makes them look so chic that I can't wait to try my pair out :)

As if that wasn't enough on top of being able to eat a real dinner, in our kitchen, tonight it was taco night! Next to salads (and baked potatoes) tacos are one of my favorite dinner meals. There are infinite variations, and I've yet to have a bad one, but tonight we stuck to the basics.



You can't tell me that doesn't look good :)

Needless to say my day has turned around from its not so awesome start. Sometimes it really is the little things that can make all the difference in your day. Check in below to let me know how your weekend is going!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?