Sunday, February 10, 2013

Weekend wind down

This week I've continued my practice of taking some time for myself. Nothing major (it's not like life has slowed down any) but just a few moments each day to reconnect and recharge. I've been keeping up with this months workouts, maintaining an overall healthy diet... but most of my moments this week have focused on food.

I enjoyed a cupcake at last weeks birthday party and munched on fresh baked scones for breakfast all week (for the record Sticky Fingers GF scone mix is pretty awesome!). I enjoyed a few guilt free treats like these Breakfast Nachos :)


They were a quick and easy way to use up the few things we had hanging around in the fridge, and for me there's something really wonderful about starting the day with something special at breakfast. I feel like it starts the whole day on the right note and just really brightens my outlook. 

But back to the nachos...


They've got fruit, protein, crabs and just a hint of sweetness. It's everything the breakfast should be built into a beautifully perfect bite. And it only took me 5 minutes to make!

Banana Breakfast Nachos
serves 1

5 minutes

2 tortillas (I used Rudi's GF ones)
1 Banana
1 tsp Honey
2-3 tsp cinnamon ( you know I like a lot of spice)
1/2 plain Greek yogurt (you also know how much I love Chobani)


Place a skillet over medium high heat. Cut or tear the tortillas into triangles (quarters worked well for the size I had). Spray both sides of the tortilla with cooking spray, and place them in to the skillet. While the tortilla's cook, slice the banana and mix the yogurt with 1 tsp of the cinnamon. After 1-2 minutes flip the tortillas over so the other side can cook, about 1 min longer. 

Lay the hot "chips" on a plate, sprinkle with remaining cinnamon and drizzle with honey. Top with sliced banana and cinnamon flavored yogurt. 


As with most breakfast foods these are delicious with a hot cup of tea :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?