Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love is all around

Happy Valentines day everyone!

I apologize for being MIA these past few days, everything seemed to get cancelled this weekend so I took the time off to go visit the BF. Of course all good things must end, and when I got back to reality on Monday I found that our professor's father had passed away over the weekend and my parents had decided to build a new house and put our current one up on the market... needless to say it has been a crazy few couple of days.

The good news is that I have been fairly successful in sticking to this month's theme of interpersonal/social health, bad news is that all this time I'm spending nurturing my relationships with others means I have kind of neglected all of you (sorry!).

But aside from visiting the BF, joining the world of snapchat, and sending adorable e-valentines to all of my nearest and dearest I did manage to do one thing for you all this week...



(okay so technically these were for the girls at school, but I'm sharing the recipe...)

I was going to go get myself one of the adorable valentine themed cupcakes at my favorite, Sweet Ali's, but I decided everyone else deserved Valentines treats to so here we are :)

These are my super simple, "these are gluten free?!" cupcakes that I am constantly modifying/adapting to fit whatever occasion I need to bring cupcakes for. And I'm going to let you in on a little secret, they come from a box! 

Now how easy is that?

The secret here is the yogurt and pudding mix, which keep the cupcakes extra moist and helps give them that soft, spongy texture you expect in a good cupcake. The pudding is also nice because you can use any flavor you want to give your cupcakes a more exciting flavor. 



Here's how you make them...

"These can't be gluten free!" Gluten Free cupcakes
30 minutes

Serves 18-24

1 box Betty Crocker GF yellow cake mix
1 box instant vanilla pudding (the other "secret" in these)
3 tsp Vanilla extract
3 eggs
3/4 cup of water
1 stick butter, melted
1/2 cup plain Greek style yogurt

Frosting for decorating

Preheat the oven to 350*. Combine the cake mix, pudding mix and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Stir the eggs and water in a separate bowl until combined and then mix into the dry ingredients. Slowly add in the butter. Once combined fold in the yogurt until JUST mixed (I promise it makes a difference). 

Spoon batter evenly into lined cupcake tins (I use an old melon baller for this, works like a dream) and place in the oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes, rotating the tins halfway through so they bake evenly. 

Normally I would make my own frosting, but I was in a rush this morning and the girls in my cohort LOVE funfetti so I just used a can of that (I did at least tint it pink and whip it up to make it a little fluffier). I promise the next time I'm baking I'll share my favorite frosting recipe :)


That's it folks, it really is that easy to make awesome tasting GF cupcakes :) 

What sweets did you share with your sweethearts today?





No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?