Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Packing for a long day

As I finish up month one of my whole body health challenge I realized so much of this month has been about working out. I know that is the obvious choice when it comes to improving your physical health, but what you put into your body is just as important as what you put it through.

I've been out of the house early and gone for 10-11 hours straight through the last three days, so I've been literally carrying breakfast, lunch and dinner in my lunch box.


I got really excited when I heard Udi's was coming out with GF tortillas, and though we didn't have them at the store by us yet we did find some by Rudi's. I used them when we made fajitas this weekend and have been eating up the leftovers with breakfast all week. 


Thinly sliced apple, a warmed tortilla, a nice spread of crunchy peanut butter, and a sprinkle of cinnamon and breakfast is ready in 2 minutes or less. 



Lunch, dinner and assorted snacks have been a bit more of an issue, because I haven't been home too cook. Thank goodness we ate a lot of soup over the weekend! Leftover soup is easy to store, easy to reheat and easy to eat on the fly. I finished the rest of the cheesy cauliflower for dinner tonight, but thank goodness I still have one jar of the kale and white bean left for lunch tomorrow :)

Crackers, veggies and yogurt round off this eclectic mix of grab and go food that I've been packing for literally the last three days straight. 


And if all else fails there is my ever present jar of trail mix :)


What are your grab-and-go staples for when life gets hectic?


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?