Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Wild goose chase zumba...

Today I went back to work part time at my clinic from the summer.  They offer a really awesome literacy based intervention program for school aged kids and it has given me lots of great material to pull from in my own therapy sessions. I was sad when my schedule didn't allow me to actually work as a program aide this fall, but thrilled that they were happy to have me coming in on an occasional basis to help with the more mundane aspects.

I knew that meant that I would spend today training the new aide, copying 200+ pages of materials, laminating said 200+ pages of materials and just generally organizing the room for the session starting next week. What I didn't know was that I would end up on a 2+ hour wild goose chase around an unfamiliar town, driving to 3 different Walmart's and a Target looking for laminating sheets to prepare said materials. If I had to name two things I hate worse than driving in general I would have to say driving around unfamiliar areas, and getting blood drawn at the hospital.... Needless to say that despite my excitement at returning to the clinic at this morning,  I was more than happy to leave this evening (and I never did find the needed laminating sheets!). 




Thank goodness I started my morning with a little bit of Zumba :) Those of you who know me, know that I love to dance so this whole "dance inspired" workout thing really works for me, because I can work myself into a sweaty mess and not even notice (it's perfect). I took a lot of Zumba classes for free when I used to work at the gym on campus, but with that option gone I've had to get a bit more creative. 

Lucky for me my basement is not only ridiculously cool it also has a wide open stretch of floor perfect for setting up on. Pull up a Zumba playlist on youtube and I'm ready to rock it out for a good 45-60 minutes. 

(Yes I know in real life I look nothing like this while dancing.)


I know giving you a link to something you could google yourself hardly counts as a workout, but that's how I started my day today (and I swear it's the only reason I didn't go insane this afternoon in the car). 

What's you're favorite youtube (or other online video) based workout to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?